MINDFULNESS AND EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE TRAINING
In many companies and organizations worldwide people are feeling overloaded, stressed out, and disengaged. It's not easy navigating the complexity and speed of modern day work life and many of us are struggling, negatively impacting our health, corporate culture, and overall performance. We know it in our own experience, see it in colleagues, and the statistics (1, 2) often tell the same story.
One of the most valuable assets we can develop in this always-on, highly demanding environment are our capacities for self-awareness, emotional resiliency, and learning how to support the wellbeing of ourselves and those around us. By becoming more settled and attuned to our mind and body we become more responsive instead of reactive, having a profound impact on how we show up in work and life.
These are all skills, and as skills they can be trained and developed and using practices in mindfulness and emotional intelligence.
As these capacities develop people tend to experience:
- Higher performance as individual contributors within our organization
- More effective leadership in managing teams
- Greater overall wellbeing in one's day-to-day experience
Developing these skills takes practice, and practice takes support.
Our primary offering is the Search Inside Yourself (SIY) program—a science-based approach to developing useful mental habits and emotional maturity for achieving long-lasting wellbeing, greater performance, and leadership mastery within your organization.
Designed and tested at Google over eight years (becoming their most popular internal program), SIY helps participants integrate the key building blocks for developing the skills of mindfulness-based emotional intelligence, mental and emotional resilience, and engagement. The goal is to help participants thrive—enjoying greater productivity, effectiveness, and happiness—in all aspects of work and life.
This highly interactive program includes the following core components:
- Overview of the neuroscience of emotion, perception and behavior change
- Definition of emotional intelligence and its benefits in dealing with difficult situations and environments
- Attention training to enable greater emotional intelligence, including self-awareness, self-mastery, motivation and connection with self and others
- Principles and practices for developing healthy mental habits that accelerate wellbeing—including effective listening, generosity, empathy, communication and social skills
- Mindfulness and reflection practices that support happiness, thriving and overall wellbeing
Foundations of Mindfulness & Neuroscience
- Mindfulness practice
- Self-directed neuroplasticity: change your brain, for good
- Mindful communication
Self-Awareness & Self-Management
- Self-awareness builds emotional intelligence
- Body awareness for emotional management
- Managing ‘triggers’ in the moment with mindfulness
Motivation & Empathy
- Resilience through the practice of ‘reappraisal’
- Journaling to clarify motivation & vision
- Empathy-building exercises
- Emotional intelligence applied to difficult conversations
- Compassionate mindset as the antidote to challenging relationships
- Applying & integrating mindfulness at work
Participants who complete the SIY Wellbeing Program can expect to develop:
- Increased self-awareness and other core emotional intelligence competencies
- More effectively deal with stress and overwhelm
- More engagement and productivity at work (and beyond)
- Greater resilience, including enhanced abilities for managing adversity and disruptive change
- Tools for sustaining peak performance and motivation
- More happiness, thriving and overall wellbeing
WHO IS IT FOR?
The SIY program can be and has been applied in all forms of organizations--corporate, non-profit, education, healthcare, government, etc. Any organization or team looking to develop mindfulness and emotional intelligence can benefit from this program and the practices that go with it.
SIY is a 4-week program beginning with an interactive 2-day training (or four half-days), followed by recommended peer-to-peer practices to sustain and integrate learning, all with a design that emphasizes self-directed growth from the inside-out. Longer term programs and individual and group coaching are also available (and recommended) for those looking to more fully establish these practices within their organization.
NEXT STEPS >>
Contact us with any questions, to explore options, and determine if this is the right fit for your organization.
How Mindful Meditation Boosts Creativity and Innovation, Huffington Post
Examining workplace mindfulness and its relations to job performance and turnover intention, Human Relations
The Business Case for Emotional Intelligence, Consortium for Research on Emotional Intelligence in Organizations
SEARCH INSIDE YOURSELF IN THE NEWS
Inside Google's Insanely Popular Emotional Intelligence Course, Fast Company
Here's What Google Teaches Employees In Its 'Search Inside Yourself' Course, Business Insider
How to Be Happier at Work: 3 Tips, Inc
FURTHER READING >